How to get my certificate of donations?
As a Foundation, Teaming can issue a donation certificate. This document gives you the right to have a tax relief in your annual tax returns.
Since we are the ones who charge you the monthly euro and then we allocate it to the social cause you are collaborating with, Teaming is the organisation that has to issue the donations certificate and not the social cause which receives your monthly euro.
- Do you issue the certificate automatically?
At the beginning it is not automatic. You have to apply for your certificate because the Public Finance asks for more data than we already have about you. Without this information, we can’t issue the certificate or if we do, it wouldn’t be considered as valid by the Public Finance and then you wouldn’t get a tax relief. On the Teaming website, you will find a form to fill in with the data we need here.
However, if you have applied for the certificate in previous years, you don’t need to fill the form again, we issue the certificate automatically. Nevertheless, we recommend you check the data because if some data is incorrect, the certificate won’t be valid.
- When can I apply for my certificate?
You can apply for the certificate from 1 August to 25 January of the following year (the end date varies a little bit each year but it is always around January 25th).
This time limit is not set by Teaming, it is set by the Public Finance who requires us to send them the data of all the donors we had the previous year, by the end of January at the latest.
- Which information do I have to indicate?
The data is: name, surname, ID number (DNI, NIE, CIF or Passport), address, city and region.
This data has to be strictly the same as the one in your ID card (DNI, NIE, CIF or passport). Pay attention to the second name, surname and to the language. If it doesn’t match exactly, the certificate won’t be considered as valid by the Public Finance.
- Tax relief details: deductions
The tax deduction depends on whether you are a natural person or a legal entity.
For natural persons (private individuals):
– For the first 150€ donated, 75% of the amount of the donation made will be deducted.
– If you have donated more than 150€, over this amount it will be deducted 30%.
– However, if it’s the third year you have made donations and the amount of the donation is equal or superior to the amount you have given the previous year, the deduction of the amount over 150€ will be 35%.
– For example, if you have donated 200€, 75% of the 150€ will be deducted. Over 150€, 30%. of the other 50€ will be deducted. And if it’s the third year you are donating the same amount or higher, 35% of this 50€ will be deducted.
For legal entities:
– 35% is deducted.
– However, if it’s the third year you have made donations in Teaming, 40% will be deducted.
– Your donations cannot exceed more than 10% of your income of that year. If they are, the amount over the 10% limit is not taken into account.
What happens if I have two Teaming profiles?
If you have two profiles, you will need to access each profile and request the certificate in each profile. We then merge the data obtained from both profiles to provide it to the Tax administration. We recommend you to maintain a single profile with Teaming because it is much easier to manage. If you are collaborating with different causes in each profile, try to put them together in one profile.
- What happens if I make a mistake with my data?
After issuing the certificate, we can’t change the data. That’s why we ask you to check your data carefully and to make sure it matches exactly with your ID card (DNI, NIE, CIF or passport). Any difference between your data and the data on your ID (even if it’s because you forgot your second name or because the language of your data in your ID is different) will make the Public Finance reject the certificate and it won’t be valid. Please, check your data if you want to have a tax relief.
- Do I have to inform the Public Finance?
No, we will do it for you. By the end of January, the Public Finance asks us to present a document called “Modelo 182”. In this document we indicate all the data of the donors in Teaming and the amount they have donated. You will see your collaboration directly in the draft of your annual tax returns form. However, we recommend you to keep the certificate we give you as a pdf document. In case the Public Finance ask you for a review of your annual tax returns (for any reason related or not with this donation), you will be able to prove that the donations are real.
If the donation doesn’t appears automatically in your draft, it could be for the following reasons:
– Because you haven’t ever asked for the certificate, that’s why we don’t have your complete data.
– The data of the certificate doesn’t match with your ID card.
– Last year you didn’t donate with Teaming and you have started this year. In this case, you will be able to ask for your certificate the following year.